This policy is effective as of: June 5, 2018
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Mericle complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). COPPA requires that website operators never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting verifiable parental consent. In accordance with COPPA, we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under the age of 13. We recommend that no one under the age of 18 submit Personal Data to our Site.
Information Collected on the Website
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter usernames (“Personal Information”); and
- Information concerning your internet connection or devices (such as your IP address)collected as a result of our use of Google® Analytics (“Google® Analytics Data” and, collectively with Personal Information, “Personal Data”).
We collect this information when you:
- Request information about Mericle through the Website;
- Subscribe to an email newsletter;
- Purchase Mericle products and/or services (to the extent offered for sale on the Website);
- Send Mericle an email message;
- Fill out certain forms available on the Website, including the “Provide Feedback,” “Add/Edit Business Profile” and “Submit an Event” forms;
- Otherwise provide Mericle with Personal Data; or
- With respect to information collected via Google® Analytics, automatically when you use the Website (as described below).
You have a choice as to whether to provide Mericle with any Personal Data. We will not collect your Personal Information unless you provide it to us. You may opt out of our collection of Google® Analytics Data by following the process set forth below. Although you are not required to disclose Personal Data to us, some portions of the Website may not be available to you without your providing this information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies, namely cookies as a result of our use of Google® Analytics, to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see below.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Mericle uses any Personal Data and any other information that you provide in a limited number of ways. We may use your Personal Data or other information:
- To respond to your emails sent to Mericle;
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your Personal Data more than once and otherwise presenting the Website to you;
- To provide you with information about Mericle, its affiliates, and/or its or their products and services;
- To conduct a transaction that you have requested;
- To verify your identity and grant access to your account (to the extent this feature is made available);
- To alert you to updated information and other news and information from Mericle;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements between us and you;
- To notify you about changes to the Website;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide information;
- For any other purpose Mericle deems appropriate with your consent or as described when you provide the information.
In addition, Mericle may hire other companies to perform services on our behalf such as operating certain aspects of the Site or sending you email. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your Personal Data or other information for the sole purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. Mericle may also use third-party ad servers or ad networks to deliver ads to you on Mericle’s behalf. These third-party ad servers may be supplied with or have access to your Personal Data or other information for the sole purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. They also may collect and use certain Personal Data about your visits to the Site in order to send advertisements that may be of interest to you. We may also provide certain Personal Data to third parties for analytical purposes, such as in connection with our use of Google® Analytics.
We may also on occasion combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from other parties to enhance our ability to market to you those products or services that may be of interest to you.
We may need to disclose Personal Data or other information collected from you when required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that the action is necessary to comply with a pending judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on Mericle or to protect our rights or the rights of others, to fight fraud, identity theft, to ensure the integrity and operation of our business and systems, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Mericle, its employees, members or others.
We may also disclose your information (including your Personal Data) to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, change of control, reorganization or other sale or transfer of all or some of Mericle’s asset, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy or liquidation or similar proceeding, in which such information is among the assets transferred.
Control of your Personal Data; Choices concerning Personal Data
When you give us Personal Data, Mericle will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions provided herein. Such Personal Data will only be used for the purposes set forth herein. Mericle may send periodic emails informing you of changes and updates regarding the Website.
You may exercise control over our collection of Personal Data as follows:
With respect to Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com if you would like us to delete or modify your Personal Information, or if you would like to opt-out of our use or disclosure of your Personal Information or if you do not wish to be contacted by us for promotional purposes.
With respect to Google® Analytics Data, please install the Google® Analytics opt-out browser add-on, as discussed above.
How we Share Your Information
On an aggregate basis only, we may collect comprehensive demographic, business information and data, and other non-identifying information about users of the Website. Mericle will never disclose any Personal Data as part of this aggregate information but we may lend, sell, share or otherwise disclose aggregate information with others so we can perform research and provide the results to third parties, enhance and market the Website, and conduct accounting and process record keeping functions.
Other websites and links
We may include links to other websites that we think will be of interest to you or operated by our business partners, affiliates, advertisers, and others. These third parties have separate data collection and privacy practices independent from ours, and Mericle cannot be responsible for their policies or activities. Please contact those third parties directly if you have questions about their privacy policies.
Additionally, we may use IP address information to count and track aggregate visits to Website, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Website. Mericle does not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable so while a particular user’s session can be tracked, the user remains completely anonymous. Mericle does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and, therefore, does not respond to “Do Not Track (DNT)” signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. Third parties that have content embedded on Mericle’s Sites such as a social feature may set cookies on your browser or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific Mericle site from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from Mericle’s Sites unless you provide it to them directly.
Accessing and Updating Information
Mericle does not currently have an online method for users to delete their Personal Data contained in our database. However, you may change or update the Personal Information we have collected, request that we delete it, or request that we change how we use it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your instructions. Please note that this deletion may otherwise impact prior transactions performed on the Website. We will not accommodate a change or deletion if we believe doing so will violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
This Website has industry-standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, and we make good faith efforts to store your Personal Data in a secure operating environment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Mericle who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com or write us at:
Mericle Commercial Real Estate Services
East Mountain Corporate Center
100 Baltimore Drive
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702